11 Years of LOVE

We independently feed 20 low-income kids in Ethiopia. Feel free to write us at anytime at richter.com@gmail.com if you wish to support our work or give us ideas.

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Marina's e-mail for her friends

This e-mail was send from Marina Harris to all her friends when she started working with our kids.

Dear all,

Since I have arrived in Ethiopia I have started appreciating a lot of things that I was taking for granted so far,especially coming out of Dubai.

I am sending you this e-mail as when I met the below mentioned children (not read about them in a magazine,or TV news, they actually exist) through a friend -Connie-who was looking after them till now but left the country last month, I couldn't get them out of my mind. I am thinking of sponsoring a child and in case you would like to join me (no obligation whatsoever) here is their story.
These children attend a local Ethiopian school which is located next to our house, they are the poorest of the poor there to the point where their parents can't afford to provide them with a proper meal a day and whereas everybody else takes some sort of snack with them these 22 children simply don't eat.

Our goal is to feed them breakfast, we are being very careful with whatever money is left in the kiddie-enough for 4-5 months and are now providing only lunch. My neighbor says many times they do not have any dinner at home.

For them to have breakfast we need $17 a month for each child.(and similar for lunch per month,if needed at the moment)If you would like to sponsor any specific child I will make sure the child knows of you and I will be sending their school report myself to you.I will be visiting the school from time to time to make sure the money is used correctly.This is not a life long obligation and anyone(including myself) can stop at any given moment. If you do decide you would like to go ahead with it then the best thing to do is to transfer the money to our account in Dubai and I will convert it to BIRR.

If you do decide to go ahead please advise which child you would like to sponsor , otherwise please ignore this e-mail completely.There are plenty of charity organizations here if you would like to do something later and not now.

No comments:

Post a Comment