11 Years of LOVE

We independently feed 20 low-income kids in Ethiopia. Feel free to write us at anytime at richter.com@gmail.com if you wish to support our work or give us ideas.

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Visiting my kids homes

 Melkamu's family. They were extremely kind to me, offered me Coke, and I had to accept. I felt very embarrassed because they don't have money for that. So for the next visits I always had a coke bottle in my hands :)

 Mud walls, and real beauty...

 Shewayetu ' home where she lives with her mother. It is a very dangerous neighborhood and I could not show my camera. Pictures were allowed only inside. 

 Iuhuuuuuuuuuuuuu Marcos has a bed !!! and a pillow :)))) I was so happy to see that. She showed me his clothes behind the bed trying to tell me: it is his real bed hehe

 Marcos's family. They like him, and the guard told me he is very grateful. It was funny because he knew I was coming but told Belaynesh: My mom is coming here, you can discuss all the matters with her, and he vanished hahaha Someone told me it could be a sign of respect. Go figure... Genet told me he hates talking about his life in public and that he is very secretive. He must be very ashamed of his situation and abandonment. Genet suggested a psychologist. Of course his scars are very deep.

 Oh that is exactly where we met Marcos. Wearing an old red jumper, hiding himself behind the sleeves of it. We gave him gum, and after a while this old lady told us he was an orphan. This lady helped and fed him for many years. She was also very poor but cared for him. She died, it was the only day he missed school. Then he told Genet: my mama died. 

 Meskerem got her money for the first month of school (uniform, school fee, notebooks, pencil, pens, food, etc). I suspect they are using it to pay for another house. They must leave this place by the end of the month because it will be sold. I don t really care, because she cannot study if she doesn t have a home. This will be the risk of giving the kids cash. We will hope they will use it for education, but they might use it for another pressing matter. And I bet they have many pressing matters.

 Oh that was happiness. I gave her 2000 birr (U$105), so she can start a business. She will buy an injera machine and teff, and sell injera in the neighborhood. Inshallah she will succeed. She has 5 daughters to feed, and a mentally ill husband. She is humble and it is unbelievable how she can still have such a wonderful smile in her face. This is the new home, they had to leave the last plastic house bacsue there were hyenas in the area near the river. The council gave them this little room.

 Abeba and keleme ' s home, a little room, very clean and well kept. They live there with their father. The mother lives in the countryside with the other sister. Not sure why.
 Abeba and keleme share this bed.

 That is where they make their homework. 

Ajeiba and Zineba's home. This is their father, he is mentally ill, and they use chains to hold him. extremely sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment